Start anywhere along the route since its a circle but lets say for now Jordan Point Rd/VA-156
1. Head north on Jordan Point Rd/VA-156 toward James River Dr/VA-10 Continue to follow VA-156 4.0 mi
2. Turn right at John Tyler Memorial Hwy/VA-5 Continue to follow VA-5 25.7 mi
3. Turn right at John Tyler Hwy/VA-5 1.3 mi
4. Turn right at Greensprings Rd 2.2 mi
5. Turn right at Jamestown Rd/VA-31 0.4 mi 33.5 mi - about 54 mins Jamestown Rd/VA-31
6. Head southwest on Jamestown Rd/VA-31 354 ft
7. Take the Jamestown-Scotland/VA-31 ferry to Surry 3.0 mi
8. Continue straight onto Rolfe Hwy/VA-31 5.3 mi
9. Turn right at Colonial Trail W/VA-10 Continue to follow VA-10 18.3 mi 26.7 mi - about 1 hour 8 mins James River Dr/VA-10
10. Head northwest on James River Dr/VA-10 toward Woodhaven Ln 7.7 mi
Not a lot to see except woods and farms. The scenic highlight part is the Ferry Ride at the half way point.
Roads are good. there is a metal grate bridge in Jordan's Point, and the Ferry Ride is fun. Lots of curvy roads on rt 10!
Get gas when you can. there are less than 5 places along the route.
I've ridden this route many times, as well as the longer route that bypasses the ferry and wraps all the way down to the bridge and back up through newport news. The country side is wide and sweeping, not much in the way of tight technical stuff but for the area its a great ride. Road conditions are good, and I really enjoy passing the small towns along the way.
Was this road review helpful?
1 riders found this road review useful
May 12, 2013
0 McR Points
Motorcycle Type : Touring
The scenery on the route is OK with rte 5 and 10 providing some nice curvy roads but not too technical. The ferry ride is the highlight of the trip, gives some nice photo ops. There are very limited amenities, so go with a full tank or run the risk of running out of gas, pack a snack!