Apple House to Rt 50 via Morgan's Ford + ADD NEW ROUTE
- Trip Toolbox
From exit 13 on Rt.66 (Near Linden, VA)
1. Head south on VA-79 S/Apple Mountain Rd toward VA-55 E/John Marshall Hwy
2. Turn right onto VA-55 W/John Marshall Hwy go 0.1 mi
3. Take the 1st right onto Dismal Hollow Rd/State Route 647 About 8 mins go 3.1 mi
4. Turn right onto Happy Creek Rd go 0.2 mi
5. Continue onto Morgan Ford Rd go 2.9 mi
6. Turn right onto VA-624/Stickley Ln
Continue to follow VA-624 go 7.0 mi US-17/US-50/John Mosby Hwyý
Ends near Milwood, VA.
Dismal Hollow Rd/State Route 647 is a nice twisty road weaving under Rt66 heading toward 624 Happy Creek Rd. Once there it is a nice mostly straight with several Maximum Safe Speed corners of 10MPH. Along the way you will cross Morgans Ford. A low water bridge approximately 2' above the Shenandoah River (Although I've seen this bridge under 10' of water during heavy rain events)It is a one way bridge with a pull off on the near end for fishing and swimming. The remaining road is rolling hills with mountain views on each side of the road.
The bridge is usually a little rough but the rest is nice road.
The Apple House at the beginning of the trip has a nice restaurant and a store with local products. Gas Station next door.
Nickname (optional) :