The "Five & Dime" Ferry Run + ADD NEW ROUTE
39 in Virginia Virginia68 Miles
By State: Virginia Al J
on September 1, 2009
- Trip Toolbox
Start anywhere along the route since its a circle but lets say for now Jordan Point Rd/VA-156
1. Head north on Jordan Point Rd/VA-156 toward James River Dr/VA-10 Continue to follow VA-156 4.0 mi
2. Turn right at John Tyler Memorial Hwy/VA-5 Continue to follow VA-5 25.7 mi
3. Turn right at John Tyler Hwy/VA-5 1.3 mi
4. Turn right at Greensprings Rd 2.2 mi
5. Turn right at Jamestown Rd/VA-31 0.4 mi 33.5 mi - about 54 mins Jamestown Rd/VA-31
6. Head southwest on Jamestown Rd/VA-31 354 ft
7. Take the Jamestown-Scotland/VA-31 ferry to Surry 3.0 mi
8. Continue straight onto Rolfe Hwy/VA-31 5.3 mi
9. Turn right at Colonial Trail W/VA-10 Continue to follow VA-10 18.3 mi 26.7 mi - about 1 hour 8 mins James River Dr/VA-10
10. Head northwest on James River Dr/VA-10 toward Woodhaven Ln 7.7 mi
Not a lot to see except woods and farms. The scenic highlight part is the Ferry Ride at the half way point.
Roads are good. there is a metal grate bridge in Jordan's Point, and the Ferry Ride is fun. Lots of curvy roads on rt 10!
Get gas when you can. there are less than 5 places along the route.
- View the weather forecast for this area from Yahoo weather .
Nickname (optional) : State: Virginia Al J