Real Tennessee Back Roads #2
Average Rating - This road has been rated by 1 visitors
Date Submitted: October 1, 2007
Submitted by: Backroad Rider
Motorcycle Road Length: 103 Miles
Start in Sevierville, TN at Jct of 66/139 (just south of Exit 407 of I-40).
- Take 139 to Dandridge.
- Turn left onto 92 (4-Way).
- Turn right onto 25W/70 (T Intersection and Stop).
- Turn left onto 113, go under I-40, to White Pine, TN.
- Cross 341 and 25E onto Main St (at the SONIC Drive In).
- Main Street changes names, follow your nose to St Paul Rd. Turn right onto St Paul.
- Turn right at Hales Crossroads (4-way stop), follow your nose across a RR Track and a Bridge over a River.
- Turn right onto Point Pleasant RD (T Intersection). You will come to Rocky Top General Store (old two story country store -good place to stop).
- Continue on Point Pleasant Rd to a stop sign, turn left (still Point Pleasant per Google).
- Turn right at 160 (stop sign) and continue down 160 thru Bybee, TN.
- Turn left at Fowler Grove Rd (a store on your right and a MOMs HOUSE SIGN on your left).
- Turn right at Baysinger Rd. Baysinger Rd is a narrow backroad, follow you nose to 340. Turn left on 340 (stop sign).
- Turn right on 349 to Historic Bible Covered Bridge, Stop and View.
- U-Turn back to 340. Turn right onto 340.
- Turn left onto 113 (T Intersection) - (you will go under I-81 before you turn).
- Turn right onto 160.
- Turn right onto 474 (474, new, not shown on Google).
- Turn left onto 11E (Stoplight and 4 lane).
- Turn right onto 342 (stop light) to Panther Creek SP entrance. Ride into the park to the view and back to entrance.
- Get back on 342 heading back the way you came
- Turn right onto 11E and go thru Jefferson City.
- Turn left at 139. Cross 25W/70 at a stop onto Snyder Rd. Continue on Snyder RD across I-40 to 66 and finish at 66/139 Jct.
Some beautiful views and some interesting stops along route. Also, some real back country roads and scenes.
Rocky Top General Store (This is not a tourist store, but a real country store)
Mostly two lane, a few miles of 1 and 1/2 lane. Mostly smooth roads, but about a mile of rough road on the 1 1/2 lane wide road. Plenty of curves and hills. You do not need to be an expert, but you need to be somewhat experienced. It is a back road ride so expect all types (no gravel).
A winter day's view at that overlook in Panther Creek State Park
Not many stops along the route, but not a problem. There are enough gas and break stops along the route, especially near the beginning and end of the route. Best to always gas up before leaving.
Bible Covered Bridge Historic Site. Route 349 is on the other side of the bridge. You turn on the new bridge to get to the parking area.
- View the weather forecast for this area from Yahoo weather .Nickname (optional) Backroad Rider
Reviewed by Guest on May 31, 2009
(1 out of 1 members found this review useful.)
|Creator: k boles|
|Comment: East Tenn is the best place to ride in the whole country .|
|Was this review helpful? Yes | No|
Top 100 Motorcycle Roads
See the top 100 rides & routes in the US according to the MotorcycleRoads.com - ''Riders' Rating'' voting system.Click here
(New!) The Fabulous Five!
Our latest InfoGraphic shows you -The Top 5 Motorcycle Roads in the USA!
How Popular is Motorcycling in Your State
See a state by state rundown of motorcycle popularity in each US statemotorcycle popularity infographic!