Winding Down from Canton to the Ohio River + ADD NEW ROUTE
22 in Ohio Ohio70 Miles
By Otter and Debbie
on April 1, 2007
- Trip Toolbox
- Start in Canton and proceed south on I-77 to the SR 212 exit in Bolivar. At the end of the off ramp, turn left (east) onto SR 212.
- Stay on SR 212 east until it intersects SR 151, 3 miles after going through the small town of Leesville.
- Turn right onto SR 151 (north). Follow SR 151 until it dead ends into US 250 (approx. 5 miles).
- Turn right onto US 250 (north) and follow until it intersects with SR 800 (approx. 3 miles).
- Follow SR 800 south until it intersects with SR 148 (approx. 60 miles ... just after Barnesville, Oh).
- Turn left onto SR 148 (south). Follow SR 148 to SR 7 (approx. 30 miles) and end up in Powhatan Point, OH.
Rolling Ohio countryside with streams that follow the roads and lakes in the distance. Old houses in many of the towns. Great views from the hilltops. Overall this route has it all as far as motorcycling goes. If you want to cruise and enjoy the scenery, or if "hitting the curves" is your style of riding, this is the route for you. I've ridden this route at least 25 times. I just love it!
Great roads with lots of curves and hills. Not a route for a novice. All with the added bonus of there not being much traffic on many of the roads.
This route takes you through some small towns and villages, like Zoar, Ohio. Gas is no problem. There are some small "mom and pop" type restaurants and of course fast food. These will be found in or close to the small towns along the way.
- View the weather forecast for this area from Yahoo weather .
Nickname (optional) : Otter and Debbie