The Scenic Route from Hot Springs to Eureka Springs + ADD NEW ROUTE
13 in Arkansas Arkansas226 Miles
By Bruce A.
on June 1, 2007
- Trip Toolbox
This route starts in Hot Springs AR.
- From Hot Springs take Hwy 7 North 73 miles through Russellville, AR
- Now take AR 164/AR 7 North for 14 miles to Hargarville, AR
- Now take AR 123 North 28 miles to Sand Gap, AR
- Now take Ark Hwy 7 North 4 miles to Ark 123
- Now take Ark 123 north 16 miles to Ark 374
- Now take Ark 374 west 8 miles
- Now take Ark Hwy 7 North 5 miles to Jasper, AR cross Buffalo River
- Now take Ark 74 West 14 miles
- Now take Ark 43 North 4 miles through Ponca, AR
- Now take Ark 103 North 12 miles to Osage, AR
- Now take US Hwy 412 West 3 miles
- Now take Ark 103 North 14 miles
- Now take US Hwy 62 West 19 miles through Berryville, AR to Eureka Springs, AR.
This route, takes adventurers down less-traveled roads. Some of Arkansas's best mountain scenery. Ozark National Forest. Hot Springs National Park. Great switchbacks to the watch tower. Nimrod Lake on the Fourche LaFave River. Mount Nebo State Park. Tight switchbacks on steep access road. Buffalo National River. Look for the Elk in this area. Lost Valley and Arkansas Elk. Boxley is a gathering spot for elk. One lane bridges, beautiful rivers and creeks and valley's. Looks for the turkey, deer along the way. This route will take about 5 hours to complete but well worth the trip.
Ark 123 Bridge (left). Beaver Lake (right)
Many curves, switchbacks, not many straight spots on these roads. Crossing many creeks, rivers, look out for the one lane bridges. Elevation as high as 2200 ft. Many 1015 mph switchback. The road conditions are all good, if there has been a lot of rain some rock and mud may be in the curves.
Beaver Lake (left). Osage, AR (right)
There are several small towns along this route. Many places to camp Russellville AR, food and Gas. Haw Creek Falls, 14 miles north of Hagerville on Ark. 123. Small mountain stream with picturesque falls, rocks and bluffs; fishing; access to the Ozark Highlands Trail; campgrounds. Nice stopping point in Jasper AR, Eats, Gas, Motels, store with gas, small deli and picnic tables overlooking the Buffalo River. Berryville is nice size town with everything needed. Eureka Springs, so many things to do hard to list them all, one of the top arts and culture destinations, Passion play, Beaver lake and lots of hotels and shopping.
Hot Springs National Park (left). Osage, AR (right)
Photo contributed by visitor in July 09: "train station in eureka springs"
- View the weather forecast for this area from Yahoo weather .
Nickname (optional) : Bruce A.