Cape Cod at its Best + ADD NEW ROUTE
18 in Massachusetts Massachusetts60 Miles
on July 1, 2006
- Trip Toolbox
If you ride a motorcycle, it's tempting to ride up to the Maine coast, but the prospect of sitting through the toll traffic on I-95 is pretty daunting, no fun, and dangerous. Here's an alternate way into Maine, which especially works if you live in Boston.
- start in Andover, MA
- Head North on Rt 125 into New Hampshire and through Epping, NH
- After Epping, look for RT 155 to veer off to the right and take that north
- Stay on Rt 155 North into Dover (which is a good place for a stop, and a nosh)
- From Dover take Rt 9 North and into Maine and it will cross Route 1 and put you right into Wells Beach, in Maine
- From there, you are a short ride South into Ogunquit, or you can continue head up north on Rt. 9 into Kennebunkport
Excellent road with twists and turns on 6A. You'll love the scenery as you loop around the entire Cape Code Bay! Pleanty of beach/bay areas to see as well as quant towns along the way. The route ends in Provincetown where you'll see Race Point lighthouse built in 1876 and STILL operational!!! There are many place to pull over and enjoy the scenery. Scargo Tower in Brewster is on. The tower overlooks Cape Cod Bay and gives you stunning vistas.
There are a few construction areas and summer traffic can be bad.
A solid 5 in this category. You name it you'll find it. Whether you want art, food, lodging, theater, whatever, its all there!
- View the weather forecast for this area from Yahoo weather .
Nickname (optional) : Chuck