73/131 Rockland - Owls Head - Port Clyde + ADD NEW ROUTE
7 in Maine Maine25 Miles
on November 1, 2006
- Trip Toolbox
- take 73 south out of Rockland for about 2 miles
- take a left onto North Shore Drive and follow signs to Owls Head (light house and general store are there)
- track back to 73
- follow 73 south another 2 miles and the airport museum is on left
- keep on 73 south to 131 and take a left towards Tenants Harbour and port Clyde
- Just before leaving Tenants Harbour the road makes a sharp left, make sure you stay on 131 towards Port Clyde.
- When you get to Port Clyde go down to the general store and the "Dipnet restaurant" is behind the general store.
This route winds its way along the beautiful shoreline of Maine.
The roads are mostly new pavement and very twisty. Watch the road signs and avoid the edge of the roadway as it drops quickly in some spots. Note: watch for work trucks and lobstermen hauling their traps on trucks; they don't drive fast so take your time.
Rockland offers hours of amazing shopping. The Owls head general store is worth stopping in as well as the lighthouse and airport museum. When you get to Port Clyde, make sure you stop at the Dip Net for lunch - you won't be disappointed. You can also visit the Port Clyde lighthouse there.
- View the weather forecast for this area from Yahoo weather .
Nickname (optional) : Anonymous